SMEP Microfinance Bank has the following main product categories of credit and advances facilities:
- Group Retail Loans
- Individual and Consumer Loans
- SME Loans
- Agri-Business Loans
What you need finances / consumer loans
You make up your mind to get what you want, because now our different types of loans and just a click, will be closer to making it happen.
Meet our broad portfolio of loans made especially for you, and check here the features of each product; once you’ve found the one you want, request it through our points of interaction , and just like that, on the next business day, we will contact you to close the process.
We provide short and medium term financing to your business, allowing you to trade while making small weekly or monthly payments.
- Attractive interest rates
- Flexible repayment periods
- Competitive interest rates
- Fast processing
- No penalty for early repayment
DEVELOPMENT PARTNER LOANS.
e.g. Women Enterprise Fund at 8% interest rate p/a.
- Must be a registered member of SMEP Microfinance Bank.
- The loan can be given to new groups of 10- 30 members, new individual clients and existing groups.
- Loan amount is a max of 100,000.
- Interest rate is 8% per annum.
- Repayment weekly/monthly basis and can be done through Mpesa.
- Loan available only if government provides funds
This includes the following types.Rembesha Nyumba (Household Loans), for example, refrigerator, microwave, cooker, TV set, installation of electricity, furniture ,Maji Ni Uhai (Water Tanks),Angaza Nyumba (Solar Power),Elimu (School Fees),Sherehekea loan (Only during festival season).
- Cheque is paid directly to the supplier of product or service (for example, manufacturer, school, supermarket, etc.).
- No extra banker’s cheque fees.
- Client must have paid at least 50% of current business loan.
- Group must not be in arrears
These include group loans to individual members in groups, Individuals (non-group persons) and SMEs.
- Client needs to be running a business
- Group client belongs to a group of at least 10 members*
- Loans from Ksh. 20, 000
- Savings as little as Ksh 500.
- Repayments can be through M-PESA.
- Easy monthly repayments.
- Faster processing
SMEP is a one stop shop for Agricultural financing aimed at promoting modern technology in Agriculture for food security, improved livelihoods and economic growth.
Credit Type – Features :
- Dairy farming loan:-This is financing farmers to enable them purchase quality dairy cows.
- Input Financing:-This is financing given to famers to purchase quality farm inputs like seeds, fertilisers and agro chemicals.
- Agribusiness/Agro dealer loans:-These are loans given to clients who trade for agricultural inputs and produce like farmers agro dealers, commodity traders and processors as working capital for capital investments, stocking their business and for their day to day operations.
- Livestock financing:-This is financing for purchase of inputs, quality breeds and equipments for modern farming in livestock like dairy goats, beef goats, pigs, rabbits, poultry, fish, and beekeeping value chains.
- Agricultural Asset Financing:-This is financing for acquisition of agricultural farm machineries, equipments and implements like tractors, milking machines, chuff cutters etc and motor vehicles used in the agricultural value chains.
- Green house Financing:-This is financing for acquisition of Green house structures, inputs, irrigation kits, and agronomical support.