SMEP is a Christian Microfinance Bank with a nation-wide presence, licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya
MISSION: To improve the quality of life of our consumer through the provision of competitive market driven solutions
VISION: To be a model Christian provider of financial solutions that transforms the lives of the poor in Kenya and beyond.
SMEP offers opportunities for career development in the area of Micro finance. Our Human Resource is keen to attract skillful candidates that have capacity to learn new concepts and build on the creativity and innovativeness of new and existing staff Jobs.
Click on the link below to download the job application form.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
SMEP Microfinance Bank invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
SME OFFICER - REF: SMEO/08/HRD/2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- To champion SME product in the Branches.
- Prospect new SME clients and assist in loan application.
- Conduct and ensure proper loan appraisals to be measured by approval success rate.
- Prepare and execute loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loans.
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service.
- Guarantee Relationship Management of existing SME customers.
- Engage in proper Know Your Customer (KYC) Vetting of clients using supporting documents and SME appraisal tools.
- Compliance to audit standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic SME training is carried out at the branch to enhance awareness and cross selling.
- Ensure timely loan repayments through aggressive follow ups.
- Delinquency and default management actions as per credit policy.
- Mobilize deposits in line with branch targets
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management, credit lending and computer literacy is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the financial sector with exposure to SME lending.
- Proven and demonstrable ability to grow SME business.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relation with clientele
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low income population.