SMEP is a Christian Microfinance Bank with a nation-wide presence, licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya
MISSION: To improve the quality of life of our consumer through the provision of competitive market driven solutions
VISION: To be a model Christian provider of financial solutions that transforms the lives of the poor in Kenya and beyond.
SMEP offers unlimited opportunities for career development in the area of Micro finance and SME banking. Our Human Resource Management is keen to attract skilful candidates that have capacity to learn new concepts, grow the Company, Customers and Staff, building on creativity and innovativeness to achieve high level productivity.
Click on the link below to download the job application form.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
SMEP Microfinance Bank invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
SME OFFICERS – SMEO/1/11/HRD/2014
Reporting to the Head of SME the successful candidates will be charged with the responsibility of the management and growth of the portfolio of clients in the small and medium business segment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Sell and market a full range of financial services and products including deposit, trade finance, treasury, insurance, loans etc. for small business segment
• Achieve individual assets / liabilities and revenue targets through new account acquisition, and growing and maintaining assigned portfolios
• Analyzing loan requests and preparing written evaluations and recommendations for approvals, as well as coordinating the loan closings, ensuring that documents are properly prepared and executed.
• He/she will sustain productive relationships with borrowers and assist with problem loans.
• Maintain appropriate quality of the assigned portfolio
• Provide quality and professional advice to small business owners on their various financial needs
Qualifications and competencies
• University graduates in Business, Banking / Finance / Accounting or related discipline
• Minimum 3 years solid experience as SME relationship/ Credit officer/ credit risk analysis, preferably in small business segment environment
• Proven business development skills and loan underwriting track record in dealing with small and medium-sized business
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Good team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure
• Passionate and motivated to achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Applicants must hold strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low income population.
HOW TO APPLY