SMEP is a Christian Microfinance Bank with a nation-wide presence, licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya
MISSION: To improve the quality of life of our consumer through the provision of competitive market driven solutions
VISION: To be a model Christian provider of financial solutions that transforms the lives of the poor in Kenya and beyond.
SMEP offers unlimited opportunities for career development in the area of Micro finance and SME banking. Our Human Resource Management is keen to attract skilful candidates that have capacity to learn new concepts, grow the Company, Customers and Staff, building on creativity and innovativeness to achieve high level productivity.
Click on the link below to download the job application form.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited, a Christian based bank licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Bancassurance Officer in the SME division.
BANCASSURANCE OFFICER – BCO/2/11/HRD/2014
Reporting to the Head of SME the successful candidate will be charged with the responsibility of the management and growth of the portfolio of clients in the small and medium business segment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Sell and market a full range of financial services and products including deposit, trade finance, treasury, insurance, loans etc. for small business segment
- Prospecting and marketing various insurance products to prospective clients
- Preparation of quotations, negotiating terms for customers and closing sales
- Oversee the operational aspects of Bancassurance business at the branch i.e. underwriting, claims, finance and customer service
- Ensuring all collaterals and assets that have Bank interest on, are properly and comprehensively insured and the Bank’s interest properly noted
- Ensuring that Bank, customers and staff insurable assets insured under the branch are renewed on time and premium is paid up
- Adherence to the set Bancassurance policies and procedures
- Training of customers and branch staff on insurance translating to business conversion
- Ensuring that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers and branch staff are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance
- Preparation of relevant production and financial reports
Qualifications and competencies
· University graduates in Business, Banking / Finance / Accounting or related discipline
• Minimum 3 years solid experience underwriting and claims management preferably as a bankassurance, insurance company, broker or agency environment
• Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bancassurance
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, analytical, negotiation skills and ability to respond quickly
• Good team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure to deliver on tight deadlines
• Passionate and motivated to achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Applicants must hold strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low income population.
HOW TO APPLY