SMEP offers opportunities for career development in the area of Micro finance. Our Human Resource is keen to attract skillful candidates that have capacity to learn new concepts and build on the creativity and innovativeness of new and existing staff Jobs.
Click on the link below to download the job application form.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
1) CREDIT ANALYSTS (2) – REF: CRA/03/INA/2014
The successful candidates will be part of the Credit Administration Department, reporting to the Team Leader, Credit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes and evaluates loan applications (financial data, credit reports, including ratio and trend analysis, peer/industry comparison, pricing review, and Cash Analysis). Also, review and analyze the financial condition of any guarantors.
• Prepares narrative analysis of findings and presents the same for approval to Senior Management or Head Office Credit Committee.
• Identifies problems, potential problems with credit information obtained and coordinate with the necessary party to resolve the problems.
• Understands SMEP Microfinance Bank’s lending policies and identify exceptions and non-compliance with loan covenants while performing credit analysis.
• Stays informed regarding SMEP’s loan policy, changes in lending standards, and related legal requirements.
• Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine risk involved in lending money to Small and Medium Scale Enterprise, and individual borrowers
• Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with borrower’s peers.
• Underwrite loan applications including credit approval reports, credit analysis results and loan request summaries.
• In collaboration with the Team Leader, Credit, establishes high standards of credit analysis and ensure adherence to the same at all times.
• Conduct risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications.
• Run and Analyze credit concentration reports and advise the bank on measures to be taken in order to avoid high credit concentrations in particular business sectors and minimize SMEP’s credit risk exposures to such sectors.
• Ensures that lending policies and procedures, including sector concentration limits are adhered to.
• In collaboration with all credit staff, ensures due handling of customer agreements.
• Analyses the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the bank and provides advice on courses of action for individual facilities.
• Provides credit risk reports depending on the area of operation on weekly basis to the Team Leader, Credit
Qualifications & competencies
• A University Degree preferably Business, Accounting, or Economics
• Three to five years of credit analysis, loan review or related experience.
• Practical Commercial Credit Analysis experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of internal micro finance operations and loan sales strategy
Other essential attributes;
• Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
• Knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
• Understanding of general accounting methods.
• Familiarity with loan documentation.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Strong logic, reasoning, and analytical skills.
• Advanced knowledge of microfinance and banking industry.
• Advanced knowledge of statutory and regulatory banking compliance regulations, and International Accounting Standards.
• Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spread sheet software.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to set and deliver business goals specifically in the areas of portfolio quality, profitability, product performance, and risk management
• Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements
• Ability to conceptualize and formulate a business strategy and implementation plans
• Ability to develop and get results through people by motivating and mentoring them to exceed expectation, especially those with multiple direct reports
• An in depth knowledge of micro lending products or services and ability to recommend changes to meet customer needs
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; and speak to third parties and employees
• An effective leader with the ability to enthuse and inspire employees to give their best in order to achieve goals
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and teams as a whole
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong analytical and influencing skills
2) SYSTEMS SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR - SSA/3/10/HRD/2013
Reporting to the Head of ICT the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing and ensuring systems, data and information security across the company. The Systems Security Administrator will be expected to put in measures to safeguard company, shareholders, staff and clients data/information across the Network on a T24 Banking System environment and other Business Systems in the company. He/she will constantly monitor system security installations, constantly review data/information movement to identify possible breaches or unwarranted access, proactively spearhead sealing of any loopholes, and ensure the company ICT security policies, regulatory and systems security standards are complied with. He/she is also expected to play an integral part in the development of systems, short-term and long-term ICT goals in a dynamic business environment.
Duties and responsibilities
· Monitor, review and secure the WAN/LAN, Internet, website and other online resources for the company
· Monitor, review and secure T24 Banking System and integrated Channels
· Monitor, review and secure all Business Systems and integrated 3rd party systems
· Develop and deploy systems security features necessary to safeguard company systems
· Ensure the security, reliability, and availability of all company data and information, stored locally and remotely.
· Executive recovery procedures on security breaches of systems and ensure no recurrence
· Review and ensure secure integration of new business systems, internal and external system services and user access, as need arise.
· Conduct reviews of data in the company systems to search for any fraudulent/unauthentic transactions or records.
· Liaise with service providers to ensure security of all systems integrated on the network.
· Conduct periodic tests and reviews of system security installations that have been setup to safeguard access of data/information across the company.
· Support internal and external customers to ensure security of all systems within and integrated on the network.
· Conduct training and awareness on systems, data and information security across the company as need arise.
· Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications and competencies
· Must have BSc Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
· Must hold valid Certification in Systems Security from a recognised institution(s)
· Must be well versed with Systems Security Standards
· Must be a committed Christian
· Should have 3 years of relevant work experience in a financial institution(s)
· Should be aged between 25 - 35 years
· Knowledge in Banking Systems administration will be an added advantage
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th March 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.